Don’t Have a “Resting Beach Face” This Summer
For many patients, having a younger-looking face is a top priority. While over-the-counter options sound appealing, they often do little more than hide facial blemishes while requiring daily maintenance. Your other option is a surgical procedure, but you may be hesitant to choose an invasive procedure. The good news is that there are other options available that will rejuvenate your face. If you’d like to be free from lines, wrinkles, and other blemishes, non-surgical injectables can provide you with a refreshed, youthful appearance with no downtime. Spring Ridge Plastic Surgery offers some of the most popular injectables in the country. Dr. Schlechter is an expert injector with over two decades of experience, and he performs all injections himself. With his expertise and knowledge of the specific function of each injectable, he will help you find the one or a combination most appropriate for addressing your treatment goals.
RADIESSE® targets lost volume in your skin. As you age, the cells that give you volume begin to decline in production. This injectable not only provides for the lost volume, but it has also been shown to stimulate collagen growth and production to help your body maintain your results longer. RADIESSE® corrects moderate to severe wrinkles in the face and can also be used to restore volume to the back of the hands.
Sculptra® Aesthetic also targets lost volume in the face, filling in deep lines and wrinkles. It’s injected deep into the lower levels of the skin and stimulates collagen production in your face. Multiple treatments are typically required to meet your treatment goals.
Hyaluronic Acid Fillers
There is a group of fillers made of hyaluronic acid (HA). This substance is a naturally occurring sugar in your body and aids in maintaining hydration and volume in your skin. Since each formulation is different, Dr. Schlechter can best help you determine which is the most appropriate type for your treatment.
Restylane® also corrects facial wrinkles and adds volume back to the face. Dr. Schlechter offers a variety of formulations, including:
- Restylane®, which targets facial wrinkles around the mouth. It can also correct volume loss and restore volume under the eyes.
- Restylane® Silk, which also treats lip lines and can be used to enhance the fullness of the lips.
- Restylane® Lyft™ (formerly Perlane-L®), which is most appropriate for deep facial lines. It also treats volume loss in the cheeks.
- Restylane® Refyne™, which targets smile lines and the appearance of vertical lines on the chin.
- Restylane® Defyne™, which is another formulation that targets smile lines and vertical lines on the chin.
Multiple JUVÉDERM® formulations mean you can target multiple problem sites.
- JUVÉDERM® XC smooths moderate to severe smile lines (the lines that stretch from the corner of your smile to the base of your nose). Results last up to one year.
- JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC is also used to smooth moderate to severe wrinkles. With the addition of VYCROSS® technology (a special formulation of hyaluronic acid), your results can last up to 18 months.
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC restores volume to the cheeks that has been lost due to the effects of aging. This formulation also includes VYCROSS® technology.
- JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC enhances lips by adding volume. You can also use it to correct moderate to severe smile lines. With this formulation, your results can last up to one year.
- JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC smooths the lip lines and adds volume to the lips. With the added VYCROSS® technology, your results can last up to one year.
Botulinum Toxin A Injectables
Botulinum Toxin A injectables are injectables that minimize the appearance of moderate to severe frown lines and wrinkles around the eyes and on the forehead. Different from the other injectables listed, Botulinum Toxin A injectables work by relaxing the muscles that are causing wrinkles. Each of the options available to you at Spring Ridge Plastic Surgery targets different needs, and Dr. Schlechter can help you determine which is most appropriate for you.
BOTOX® Cosmetic (onabotulinumtoxinA) is the most popular option. It can be used to target frown lines, forehead wrinkles, and crow’s feet, and it is used more often than any other option in targeting wrinkles on the upper face. BOTOX® Cosmetic is administered in small doses but still provides dramatic results.
Dysport® (abobotulinumtoxinA) is also used to target frown lines, crow’s feet, and wrinkles on the forehead. This works in the same manner as BOTOX® Cosmetic.
XEOMIN® (incobotulinumtoxinA) is the newest addition to this family of injectables. It also targets frown lines, crow’s feet, and forehead wrinkles. This also works in the same manner as BOTOX® Cosmetic.
Recovery and Results
Every injectable treatment occurs in our office in less than one hour. Total treatment time varies depending on the injectable and the number of treatment sites targeted. Afterward, you will be able to resume your daily activities with no downtime. You may experience some mild swelling or bruising at the treatment sites, but this will subside quickly. The onset of results differs slightly depending on the specific injectable treatment you chose, but full results will occur over time as the injectable stimulates your body to continue rejuvenating itself.
To find out more information about the injectables we offer, contact our office to set up your consultation with Dr. Schlechter. You can reach us at (610) 624-2740 or by filling out our online contact form.